Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Environmental Damages Fund Applicant's Guide
What projects and activities may not be funded?
Ineligible projects and activities include:
- Activities required by law and/or mandated by other levels of government;
- Containment and clean-up of environmental spills;
- Restoration of contaminated sites;
- Infrastructure, particularly related to municipal, provincial, and federal government program areas;
- Lobbying or advocacy activities;
- Recreation and tourism projects or beautification initiatives;
- Preparation of formal curriculum materials;
- Core organization functions and activities such as meetings, maintenance, and administration (however, project specific administrative support is eligible);
- Annual or regular organization events/campaigns;
- Expenses to attend general conferences and workshops;
- Projects outside of Canada.
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list. If you are unsure about any of the examples listed above or the eligibility of your project and activities, please contact your regional office.
- What is the Environmental Damages Fund?
- What is the purpose of this Guide?
- Who can apply?
- What projects can be funded?
- What project costs are eligible?
- What projects and activities may not be funded?
- What are some examples of projects that can be funded?
- What funding is available?
- What is the maximum duration of a project?
- When are the application deadlines?
- How do you apply?
- What will happen next?
- Download this Applicant's Guide
- Download Application Form
- Date Modified: