Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the Contact Us page.
Applicant's Guide and Form
What projects and activities may not be funded?
The following activities are not eligible for funding:
- projects already under way;
- continuation of projects previously funded by EcoAction;
- ongoing programs and activities;
- activities required by law and/or mandated by all levels of government;
- projects in relation to the enforcement of or compliance with by-laws in effect;
- projects focused primarily on the purchase of capital assets;
- activities focused primarily on research and monitoring activities;
- activities focused primarily on planning;
- projects designed only to beautify an area;
- preparation of formal curriculum materials;
- core organizational functions (e.g., meetings, maintenance and administration);
- annual or regular organizational events/campaigns;
- expenses to attend general conferences;
- projects focused on recreational activities;
- purchase or construction of infrastructure (e.g., land, buildings, roads and bridges);
- purchase of a vehicle;
- incentives and rebates (but can be used as matching);
- project activities that fall under the mandate of other government funding programs, including other Environment Canada funding programs (however, may support activities that complement such programs);
- lobbying, advocacy or fundraising activities (or that can be perceived as such);
- decontamination of sites;
- further disbursement of funds to a third party recipient (i.e. micro grants); and
- projects outside of Canada.
Note: Projects related to Species at Risk and Invasive Alien Species are supported by Environment Canada's Habitat Stewardship Program and/or Invasive Alien Species Partnership Program. For more information on these programs, visit www.ec.gc.ca/pace-cape.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your project and related costs, please contact your Environment Canada regional office.
- EcoAction Community Funding Program
- Program requirements
- Who may apply?
- What projects may be funded?
- What project costs are eligible?
- What projects and activities may not be funded?
- What amount of funding is available?
- What is the maximum length of a project?
- What is the application deadline?
- What makes for a strong application?
- How do you apply?
- What will happen next?
- ANNEX A- How to Complete the Application Form
- Download Applicant's Guide
- Download Application Form
- Date Modified: