Applicant's Guide and Form
What projects and activities may not be funded?
The following activities are not eligible for funding:
- projects already under way;
- continuation of projects previously funded by EcoAction;
- ongoing programs and activities;
- activities required by law and/or mandated by all levels of government;
- projects in relation to the enforcement of or compliance with by-laws in effect;
- projects focused primarily on the purchase of capital assets;
- activities focused primarily on research and monitoring activities;
- activities focused primarily on planning;
- projects designed only to beautify an area;
- preparation of formal curriculum materials;
- core organizational functions (e.g., meetings, maintenance and administration);
- annual or regular organizational events/campaigns;
- expenses to attend general conferences;
- projects focused on recreational activities;
- purchase or construction of infrastructure (e.g., land, buildings, roads and bridges);
- purchase of a vehicle;
- incentives and rebates (but can be used as matching);
- project activities that fall under the mandate of other government funding programs, including other Environment Canada funding programs (however, may support activities that complement such programs);
- lobbying, advocacy or fundraising activities (or that can be perceived as such);
- decontamination of sites;
- further disbursement of funds to a third party recipient (i.e. micro grants); and
- projects outside of Canada.
Note: Projects related to Species at Risk and Invasive Alien Species are supported by Environment Canada's Habitat Stewardship Program and/or Invasive Alien Species Partnership Program. For more information on these programs, visit www.ec.gc.ca/pace-cape.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your project and related costs, please contact your Environment Canada regional office.
- 1. EcoAction Community Funding Program
- 2. Program requirements
- 3. Who may apply?
- 4. What projects may be funded?
- 5. What project costs are eligible?
- 6. What projects and activities may not be funded?
- 7. What amount of funding is available?
- 8. What is the maximum length of a project?
- 9. What is the application deadline?
- 10. What makes for a strong application?
- 11. How do you apply?
- 12. What will happen next?
- 13. ANNEX A- How to Complete the Application Form
- 14. Download Applicant's Guide
- 15. Download Application Form
- Date modified: