Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the Contact Us page.
Water Fact Sheets
There are presently nine fact sheets in the Freshwater Series.
- Water – Nature's Magician - States and properties of water, hydrologic cycle.
- Water – Here, There and Everywhere - World's water supply and the forms in which it is found, Canada's major drainage areas.
- Clean Water – Life Depends on It! - Water quality, including pollution, acid rain and what we can do to improve water quality.
- Water Works! - Water use, conservation, pricing.
- Groundwater – Nature's Hidden Treasure - Where it's found, how it's found, problems and issues associated with it.
- Water Conservation – Every Drop Counts! - Role of water conservation in addressing problems related to water use and water quality.
- Water, Art and the Canadian Identity – At the Water's Edge - Water's role in shaping the Canadian identity. Discusses history, literature, art and music; printed copy in full colour.
- Water – The Transporter - Discusses water's ability to transport large amounts of soil in the form of sediment.
- Water – Vulnerable to Climate Change - Considers the effect on water of climate change.
Note: A resource guide, entitled Let's Not Take Water For Granted, is available to help classroom teachers of grades 5-7 use the information from the Water Fact Sheets and A Primer on Fresh Water: Questions and Answers.
- Date Modified: