This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Water Fact Sheets
There are presently nine fact sheets in the Freshwater Series.
- Water – Nature's Magician - States and properties of water, hydrologic cycle.
- Water – Here, There and Everywhere - World's water supply and the forms in which it is found, Canada's major drainage areas.
- Clean Water – Life Depends on It! - Water quality, including pollution, acid rain and what we can do to improve water quality.
- Water Works! - Water use, conservation, pricing.
- Groundwater – Nature's Hidden Treasure - Where it's found, how it's found, problems and issues associated with it.
- Water Conservation – Every Drop Counts! - Role of water conservation in addressing problems related to water use and water quality.
- Water, Art and the Canadian Identity – At the Water's Edge - Water's role in shaping the Canadian identity. Discusses history, literature, art and music; printed copy in full colour.
- Water – The Transporter - Discusses water's ability to transport large amounts of soil in the form of sediment.
- Water – Vulnerable to Climate Change - Considers the effect on water of climate change.
Note: A resource guide, entitled Let's Not Take Water For Granted, is available to help classroom teachers of grades 5-7 use the information from the Water Fact Sheets and A Primer on Fresh Water: Questions and Answers.
- Date modified: