Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
The Federal Sustainable Development Strategy (FSDS) provides Canadians with a whole-of-government view of environmental priorities at the federal level, with goals, targets, and implementation strategies across 30 departments and agencies.
The first cycle of the FSDS, covering the period 2010-2013, was tabled in Parliament in October 2010. For the first time, Canadians had a comprehensive picture of actions that support the government’s environmental sustainability.
The second cycle of the FSDS, released in November 2013, along with a summary of input received during public consultations builds on the first cycle, with a broadened view of federal priorities and actions to achieve environmental sustainability. The 2013-16 FSDS Management Framework provides guidelines for managing, monitoring and reporting on implementing the FSDS.
The draft 2016–2019 FSDS was released for public review and comment in February 2016.
Help us improve the draft strategy. We want to hear from the public and stakeholders in order to develop high-level sustainable development goals, clear and measureable targets, and concrete action plans for the next three years. Comments on the draft strategy will be accepted until June 24, 2016.
Ways to comment:
- Through the 2016-2019 FSDS e-Strategy--every page has a comment box you can use to submit comments as you browse.
- Join the conversation at Let’s Talk Sustainability. We’ll post discussion questions regularly during the public consultation period. Log in and reply to share your input.
- Email us your comments at email@example.com
- Mail your comments to:
Sustainable Development Office
Environment and Climate Change Canada
200 Boul. Sacré-Coeur, 12th floor
Gatineau, QC, K1A 0H3
After the consultation closes, we’ll post a summary of the public input received. See the summary of public input on the draft FSDS for the previous cycle: Synthesis Report: Public Consultations on the Draft FSDS 2013–2016.
The 2015 Progress Report, released in February 2016, shows the progress of federal departments and agencies towards achieving the goals and targets set out in the 2013-16 FSDS.
2013-2016 FSDS (November 2013)
- Synthesis Report: Public Consultations on the Draft FSDS 2013-2016 (November 2013)
- 2013-16 Management Framework (June 2014)
2010-2013 FSDS (October 2010)
- Synthesis Report: Public Consultations on the Draft FSDS 2010-2013 (August 2010)
- 2010-13 Management Framework (June 2011)
FSDS Progress Reports:
2015 Progress Report (February 2016)
2012 Progress Report (February 2013)
2011 Progress Report (June 2011)
Departmental Sustainable Development Strategies:
View Departmental Sustainable Development Strategies for federal departments and agencies with responsibilities under the FSDS.
- Date modified: