Air Quality Health Index
The Air Quality Health Index (AQHI) is a public information tool that helps Canadians protect their health on a daily basis from the negative effects of air pollution. This tool has been developed by Health Canada and Environment and Climate Change Canada, in collaboration with the provinces and key health and environment stakeholders.
Choose from the links below to learn more about the AQHI, to get your local AQHI update, or to find out if you are "at risk" from air pollution.
The AQHI is available for selected communities. More locations will be implemented across Canada. Visit this site often for updates on the new locations.
- New National app from the Government of Alberta for mobile platform
- New! Daily AQHI forecasts are now available for Whitehorse, Terrace and Fort Smith
- Find out if your community is at risk from wildfire smoke and steps you can take to protect your health.
- Follow Environment and Climate Change Canada's Twitter page.
- Free resources: Download or place an order to obtain AQHI outreach materials (posters, bookmarks, factsheets, educational lesson plans and more).
- Date modified: