Ottawa-Gatineau Urban BioKit
A Green Adventure in the Heart of the Capital!
Did you know that the Ottawa-Gatineau area boasts sand dunes that are home to a unique insect? And that some birds of prey have chosen to nest in the downtown core? Surprising discoveries await you as you make your way around the National Capital Region with the Ottawa-Gatineau Urban BioKit!
Environment Canada’s Biosphere is proud to present this activity kit that will let you use your senses to explore the streets in your neighbourhood as well as the area’s rivers and green spaces.
Check out the Ottawa-Gatineau Urban BioKit in HTML format.
Or download and print the PDF version to take it with you!
This BioKit could not have been completed without the participation of our collaborators.
Eco-friendly Tips for Hikers
On your outing:
- Do not pick plants (including flowers, ferns, etc.).
- Obey any signs asking you to stay on pathways.
- Leave nature the way you found it.
- Observe wild animals from a distance and do not feed them.
- Put your trash in waste containers or take it home with you.
- Date modified: