Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the Contact Us page.
Wild about Nature
January 19 to February 3, 2013
As part of the Fête des neiges de Montréal, be sure not to miss the Wild about Nature free activities presented at the Biosphere, environment museum, on weekends from January 19 to February 3, 2013, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The museum will also offer this special programming during the school break, from March 2 to 10. Take part in fun, educational and free activities!
- The museum’s regular exhibitions remain available at regular admission cost. See the Fête des neiges special package.
- Admission to the Biosphere is free for those aged 17 and under (does not apply to organized groups).
- For this occasion, the Biosphere will be open on Monday, March 4.
Build a "mini Biosphere’’
Your little and big architects will enjoy building a mini igloo in the style of the large sphere, with light, colourful and easy-to-handle shapes!
Nature BioKit rally
Try our Nature BioKit and set off on a hike using your five senses to explore the flora and fauna of Île Sainte-Hélène.
Inukshuks and photo booth
Youth will enjoy building inukshuks and being photographed in a kayak, dressed in a survival vest, with images of the Arctic in the background.
Which plant inspired "Velcro"? How many litres of water are needed to produce one T-shirt? You will discover the answers, and more, participating in our instructive and interactive games: Nature Works and All the Water in the World.
Bistro and lounge
Getting cold? No worries! Come and enjoy our lounge space and our kids' reading corner. A warm bistro will also offer complete menus and hot beverages for the whole family.
Don't miss, among regular activities
- The Nature Close Up! oversized photo exhibition.
- The Water Wonders! exhibition, with its eight interactive modules that offer visitors the opportunity to explore water through games, experiences and challenges such as solving the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle, creating energy and even walking on water.
- The ONE | Outfits from a New Era exhibition, with its 16 spectacular garments fashioned from mass consumer products that are accompanied by art videos and soundtracks taken from the Canadian music scene.
Indoors or outdours, young and old alike will find something to interest them!
Fête des neiges special package
One price gives access to the exhibition halls for all three weekends of the Fête des neiges! (January 19-20, 26-27 and February 2-3, 2013)
- Adults: $12
- Students (18 and older): $8
- Seniors (60 and older): $8
Don't forget: Free admission for those aged 17 years and under (as part of a family group)!
- Date Modified: