School Break at the Biosphère - March 2 to March 10, 2013
From March 2 to March 10, 2013, the Biosphère, Environment Museum is the place for youth and their families to have a school break full of discovery and adventure with the ”Wild about Nature” program. Indoors and out, they are invited to come have fun with a variety of activities.
- The museum’s regular exhibitions remain available at regular admission cost.
- Admission to the Biosphere is free for those aged 17 and under (does not apply to organized groups).
- For this occasion, the Biosphere will be open on Monday, March 4.
Build a mini igloo
Your little and big architects will enjoy building a mini igloo in the style of the large sphere, with light, colourful and easy-to-handle shapes!
Nature BioKit rally
Try our Nature BioKit and set off on a hike using your five senses to explore the flora and fauna of Île Sainte-Hélène.
nukshuks and photo booth
Youth will enjoy building inukshuks and being photographed in a kayak, dressed in a survival vest, with images of the Arctic in the background.
Which plant inspired "Velcro"? How many litres of water are needed to produce one T-shirt? You will discover the answers, and more, participating in our instructive and interactive games: Nature Works and All the Water in the World.
Bistro and lounge
Getting cold? No worries! Come and enjoy our lounge space and our kids' reading corner. Our bistro Cent lieues will also offer healthy menus and desserts that children can decorate themselves.
Don't miss, among regular activities
- The Nature Close Up! oversized photo exhibition.
- The Water Wonders! exhibition, with its eight interactive modules that offer visitors the opportunity to explore water through games, experiences and challenges such as solving the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle, creating energy and even walking on water.
- The ONE | Outfits from a New Era exhibition, with its 16 spectacular garments fashioned from mass consumer products that are accompanied by art videos and soundtracks taken from the Canadian music scene.
Indoors or outdoors, young and old alike will find something to interest them!
Don't forget: Free admission for those aged 17 years and under (as part of a family group)!
Please check the menu on the left for all past events.
- Date Modified: