Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Nunavut Migratory Bird Sanctuary Facts
The following table contains information about the Migratory Bird Sanctuaries (MBS) shown on the map above. In addition to the name, year of establishment, and size of each MBS, the table shows how these sites fit into national and international networks of protected locations. The following entities may be noted:
- NWA: National Wildlife Area
- MBS: Migratory Bird Sanctuary
- Ramsar: Wetland of International Importance
- IBA: Important Bird Area
- WHSRN: Western Hemisphere Shorebird Reserve Network
- MAB: Biosphere reserve of the UNESCO Man and Biosphere Programme
The table contains the name, the year of establishment, the size of each Migratory Bird Sanctuary, and how these sites fit into national and international networks of protected locations.
|Name||Year established||Size in hectares||Notes|
|Prince Leopold Island||1992||31,100.00|
|Queen Maud Gulf||1961||6,176,500.00|
- Date Modified: