National wildlife areas
Locations, descriptions, management plans and permits.
Services and information
Ten national wildlife areas to visit across Canada.
Locations, descriptions and management plans.
Selection criteria, management and restrictions on activities in national wildlife areas.
Permit application and service standards.
Location and description of Canada's first proposed marine national wildlife area.
Departmental approach to protected areas, guiding principles, challenges and priorities.
Locations, descriptions, permits and management.
What we are doing
- Canadian Protected Areas Status Report 2012-2015
- Policy when Considering Permitting or Authorizing Prohibited Activities in Protected Areas Designated Under the Canada Wildlife Act and Migratory Birds Convention Act, 1994
- Canadian Protected Areas Status Report 2006-2011
- Environment and Climate Change Canada Protected Areas Strategy
- Wallace Bay National Wildlife Area Management Plan [Proposed]: 60-day public consultation period (ends June 17, 2017)
- Wellers Bay National Wildlife Area: A management plan is now available
- Saint Clair National Wildlife Area Management Plan [Proposed]: 60-day public consultation period (ends June 5, 2017)
- Tway national wildlife area: A management plan is now available
- Date modified: