This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Administrative Monetary Penalty System - Consultation Document
The Administrative Monetary Penalty System created under the Environmental Violations Administrative Monetary Penalties Act
Download Consultation Document (PDF Format, 547KB)
Table of Contents
- Overview and Goals of the Consultation Exercise
- Background: Administrative Monetary Penalties in the Context of Environmental Legislation
- What are AMPs? What is the rationale behind an AMP system?
- How does an AMP differ from a penal sanction? When should an AMP be imposed, rather than a penal sanction?
- The process for issuing an AMP
- Issues for Consultation
- Scope of the AMP system: the violations that will be subject to an AMP
- Determining the amount of the AMP
- Determining the baseline AMP
- Additional factors that can increase the AMP
- Next steps
- Date modified: