Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Greenfield South Power Plant, Mississauga, ON (project cancelled)
(1) Name and address of proponent:
Greenfield South Power Corporation, 2275 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Suite 401, Toronto, ON M8V 3Y3
(2) Latitude and longitude of proposed facility:
43o 06’ 41.70” N, 79o 34’19.44” W
(3) Distance to the Canada/U.S. border:
(4) Brief description of the proposed project (major products, process, capacity, etc):
The Greenfield South Power Plant is a proposed 280MW combined cycle natural gas fired electricity generating plant. The facility is to include one gas turbine, one heavy recovery steam turbine with an auxiliary duct burner and one steam turbine
(5) For combustion processes, list capacity (tonnes/year), fuel type and grade:
Capacity: 89,000 tonnes/year, Fuel Type: Natural gas, Fuel Grade: N/A
(6) Contact for technical and design information:
Hubert S. Vogt, P.Eng.
Phone Number: (416) 234-1301, ext. 105
Fax Number: (416) 234-8336
(7) Estimated annual quantities of the following pollutants released to the atmosphere (tonnes per year):
SO2 : 2.0 tonnes/year
PM : 12.4 tonnes/year
NOx : 217.7 tonnes/year (equivalent to NO2)
VOC : 3.2 tonnes/year
CO : 32.9 tonnes/year
(8) List hazardous air pollutants with emissions estimates (tonnes/year) for any hazardous pollutants with expected annual emission rates of greater than 1 tonne per year:
- Date Modified: