Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Kawartha Ethanol Plant, Havelock, ON
(1) Name and address of proponent:
Kawartha Ethanol Inc., 6830 Highway 7, Havelock, ON, K0L1Z0
(2) Latitude and longitude of proposed facility:
44o 26’ 30” N, 77o 49’ 33” W
(3) Distance to the Canada/U.S. border:
(4) Brief description of the proposed project (major products, process, capacity, etc):
The Kawartha Ethanol Plant is a corn-based mill ethanol plant capable of producing 80 million litres of fuel grade ethanol per year. The manufacturing process includes fermentation of corn mash to produce ethanol and carbon dioxide. The ethanol is recovered using distillation and dehydration. The process byproducts include carbon dioxide and spent distillers grains. The spent grains are sold as a high protein livestock feed.
(5) For combustion processes, list capacity (tonnes/year), fuel type and grade:
Capacity: 40,482 tonnes/year (estimated maximum), Fuel Type: Natural gas, Fuel Grade: N/A
(6) Contact for technical and design information:
Phone Number: (705) 778-1914
Fax Number: (705) 778-1918
(7) Estimated annual quantities of the following pollutants released to the atmosphere (tonnes per year):
SO2 : 0.43 tonnes/year (estimated maximum)
PM : 7.3 tonnes/year (estimated maximum)
NOx : 29.3 tonnes/year (estimated maximum) (equivalent to NO2)
VOC : 1.9 tonnes/year (estimated maximum)
CO : 29.3 tonnes/year (estimated maximum)
(8) List hazardous air pollutants with emissions estimates (tonnes/year) for any hazardous pollutants with expected annual emission rates of greater than 1 tonne per year:
Acetaldehyde: 1.7 tonnes/year (estimated maximum)
- Date Modified: