Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Audit and Evaluation
Strategic partners in the achievement of departmental outcomes through excellence in audit and evaluation services.
To enable the department to efficiently and effectively achieve its strategic objectives and enhance its accountability to Canadians.
The value statements of the Audit and Evaluation Branch reflect the collective principles, values and ethics of the Branch, guide the Branch’s operational activities and strategic direction, and demonstrate its commitment to fairness, respect and professionalism.
- We promote and uphold the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Service in our activities.
- We are committed to providing value-added services, continuous improvement and to the ongoing development of employee knowledge, skill sets and competencies.
- We uphold the highest levels of integrity, objectivity and professionalism in all that we do.
- We cultivate diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, promote collegiality and team spirit in our interactions, and encourage open and respectful exchange of opinions and ideas.
- We recognize that our team is our most important resource.
- We encourage and celebrate innovation, excellence and the valued contributions of our employees.
To support the continuous improvement of programs, policies and initiatives at Environment Canada and to contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives by providing timely and objective information, assurance and advice to the Deputy Minister, the Associate Deputy Minister, the External Audit Advisory Committee, the Departmental Evaluation Committee and departmental management.
The legislative and policy framework governing the roles and responsibilities of the Audit and Evaluation Branch is based on the Financial Administration Act, the 2006 Federal Accountability Act, the 2009 Treasury Board Policy on Internal Audit, the 2009 Treasury Board Policy on Evaluation, the 2008 Treasury Board Policy on Transfer Payments and the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards.
Approved by External Audit Advisory Committee – January 2010
The Audit & Evaluation Branch is made up of three divisions:
- Internal Audit
- Strategic Planning and Coordination
- Date Modified: