Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Ciba Specialty Chemicals Metasheen
(1) Name and address of proponent:
Ciba Specialty Chemicals Metasheen, 2 Air Care Dr., Smiths Falls, ON, K7A 5C7
(2) Latitude and longitude of proposed facility:
44o 89' 81" N, 75o 99' 94" W
(3) Distance to the Canada/U.S. border:
(4) Brief description of the proposed project (major products, process, capacity, etc):
Expansion of an aluminum pigment manufacturing facility to a maximum solvent usage rate of 50,000 kg/day. Processes include solids stripping, solids separation, solids washings, product blending/filling, solvent recovery distillation and ancillary/support activities.
(5) For combustion processes, list capacity (tonnes/year), fuel type and grade:
Capacity: 95.7 tonnes/year (Total BTU faceplate capacity: 5,278,900) Fuel Type: Natural Gas Fuel Grade:
(6) Contact for technical and design information:
Mr. Paul Pringle,
Phone Number: (613) 283-4400 Ext. 22
Fax Number: (613) 283-0377
(7) Estimated annual quantities of the following pollutants released to the atmosphere (tonnes per year):
SO2 : 0.001 PM : 0.016 NOx : 0.206 VOC : 932.782 CO : 0.173
(8) List hazardous air pollutants with emissions estimates (tonnes/year) for any hazardous pollutants with expected annual emission rates of greater than 1 tonne per year:
Ethyl Acetate (CAS 141-78-6) 930.341 tonnes/year Propylene Glycol Monomethyl Ether Acetate (CAS 108-65-6)
- Date Modified: